Top 3 Best Glucometer in India 2020
Today, a lot of people suffer from lifestyle diseases like diabetes is one of them. The good part is that diabetes can be managed easily with the help of insulin and other lifestyle changes. One thing that can help you in managing the lifestyle disease is a glucometer which basically helps you in measuring the quantity of sugar in your blood. This can be done at home so that you do not have to spend hundreds of rupees in getting the test done. We help you choose to Best glucometer in India 2020 buy online on Amazon.
All you need is to have Glucometers, a hand-held portable device that allows you to check the blood glucose readings from time to time. With the advancement of technology, glucose meters are flooded with high-end smart features like Smartphone connectivity, voice command, and high memory storage capacity at an affordable price.
Check my other article – Top 3 Best Nebulizer in India 2020 (Nebulizer Machine)
Top 3 Best Glucometer in India 2020 compared
1 Dr. Morepen BG-03 Gluco One Glucometer, 25 Strips (Multicolor)
Product Feature – Dr. Morpen BG-03 Gluco one Glucometer
- The glucometer is manufactured by Dr. Morepen. It’s is one of the best picks if you are looking for a budget-friendly glucometer. When we opened the kit, it came with a white box. This can be really useful to carry the kit when you are traveling.
- Dr. Morepen glucose blood glucose monitor model bg 03 is a smart glucose monitor that helps you measure blood glucose levels, quickly, accurately and comfortably.
- The Readings from the Glucose Meter are only to be used for General Information purposes – they are not a substitute for a medical examination from a Registered Medical Practitioner!
- Discuss your results with a Registered Medical Practitioner. Never use the results to make medical decisions independently. Seek prompt medical attention for health care questions you have.
- Consult your physician before making changes to your medication, diet, fitness program, or blood glucose testing schedules.
- Kit Includes: Dr.Morepen Gluco One BG-03 Gluco Meter, Lancing Device, 10 Lancets, Battery, Plastic Case, 25 Test Strips FREE
- I have done tremendous research by reviewing the products and picked the Best Glucometers in India 2020.
2 Dr Trust (USA) Fully Automatic Blood Sugar Testing Glucometer Machine with 60 Strips
Product Feature – Dr Trust (USA) Fully Automatic Blood Sugar Testing Glucometer Machine with 60 Strips
- If you are looking for a glucometer with added functionality then this could be the best one for you. This particular model comes with added functions that alert you when ketones are present in your blood and it also has a very bright LCD display along with a backlight. You get a free digital thermometer and 60 strips in this glucometer as well along with the lancing device, carry case, lancet needle.
- GDH-FAD Strip: Glucometer avoids interference from blood oxygen variations, It also prevents galactose and maltose interference in blood samples. The sample from arteries, veins, and capillaries can be used to apply GDH-FAD strip
- Ketone Alert: Dr Trust (USA) Glucometer gives an early warning if your ketones are rising or are out of balance in your blood, It will reduce the incidence of diabetic ketoacidosis or DKA by knowing that your ketones level reaches over15 mol/L
- 3 Modes: General mode, take blood glucose measurements at any point of the day, AC mode, take the measurements in the early morning on an empty stomach, If you want to take the readings after taking your meals, switch to PC mode
- Strip Ejection Button Function: Dr Trust Glucometer monitor comes with the Strip Ejection Button feature which minimizes the risk of contagion, By simply on the push of Strip Ejection Button, used strips disposed of without touching the hand
- Unique Features: Dr Trust (USA) Glucometer machine has the unique feature of smiley indicator, The result is displayed along with face symbols within 5 seconds, A happy smiley indicates good results and a sad smiley indicates unsatisfactory results
- Fully Automatic: Auto electrode insertion detection, sample loading detection, reaction time count-down, switch-off after 3 minutes without action and Temperature Warning
- Reminder Alarm Function: Also it allows the user to set an alarm as a reminder for taking the measurements
- Units Measurement & Large LCD Backlight: In Glucometer monitor, the readings are expressed in two units viz Mg/dL or mmol/L. It’s LCD Comes with backlight display which is easy to read at night
- Product of USA with a warranty in India: designed and engineered in the USA: us FDA and CE approved with 1 year extended warranty in India designed and engineered by nurses inc USA, patented technology and design from USA
3 Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter Kit, Vial of 10 strips free (Multicolor)
Product Feature – Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter Kit
- On number 3, I have a best glucometer in India 2020 Accu-Chek and this is again one of the most preferred glucometers available in India.
- Accurate blood glucose measurement: The Accu-Chek Active Glucometer is one of the most accurate systems and it fulfills ISO 15197:2013
- standards of accuracy.
- Easy to use: Accu-Chek Active blood glucose meter packs many powerful features into a smaller size, making the blood glucose monitoring process easy.
- No coding required: Accu-Chek Active blood glucose meter is easy to use as it doesn’t require any code chip for coding the meter.
- Two-button intuitive handling: With only two buttons to operate, Accu-Chek Active is an easy-to-handle device.
- Visual double-check: To ensure accurate* blood glucose measurement, Accu-Chek Active allows you to double-check the displayed result. Match color code to assure results accuracy.
- 8 seconds re-dose option: If you apply an insufficient amount of blood, then the device gives you approximately 10 seconds window to re-dose it.
- Pre and post-meal markers: Accu-Chek Active provides you with pre and post-meal flagging to differentiate the measured glucose level before and after the meal.
- Post-prandial reminder: Accu-Chek Active also gives you a visual and audio post-prandial reminder which reminds you to test two hours after eating.
- Measuring interval : 10-600 mg/dL
- MEMORY: 500 test results
- View test averages up to 90 days: You can view an average of your test results from the last 7 / 14 / 30 or even 90 days.
- USB interface for data transfer: Accu-Chek Active blood glucose meter has a built-in USB port for transferring saved test results to a computer which is equipped accordingly.
Things to Look For When Choosing the Best Glucometer in India 2020
There are various things that you should look into a glucometer before actually buying it because one wrong step can actually lead you to a confused state about your health. Here is a list of factors that will not only make your purchase an easy one but help you in choosing the best product:
1) Test time
You get the results in different test times which varies from glucometer to glucometer. Usually, many machines come with a test time of 5-15 seconds. As you will be reading the results twice or thrice in a day, you would require the one which can give results as earliest as possible. Look for a glucometer that comes with a test time of 5-10 seconds only.
2) Blood sample
You don’t require much blood samples nowadays as they were required before. So, it doesn’t hurt much while lancing. If you are afraid of blood or sensitive to lancing then quest for a glucometer which can just take one drop of blood or lesser than one milliliter of blood.
3) Data storage
It completely depends upon your readings. Some glucometers come with functionality that can show the average in every 15-30 days, some come with a storing data capacity and can store around 360 test results. While there are other options as well, some glucometers can offer you a chance to download the readings in your mobile and laptops and send them to your physician on a regular basis.
The one which can get downloaded comes with many options for tracking daily reading and recording it and buying this one can help you track your sugar level in a very precise manner. While other kinds of readings can prove to be very helpful as well because it completely depends on the requirement of your test.
Markers are also called as flags. You can easily find out about the time of your readings that is- post-lunch or before lunch (the readings can vary to the highest extent from morning to evening and check the levels predominantly, this feature holds importance). This feature is the best because it can certainly show you good results by enabling your doctor to monitor your insulin level at two different times.
5) Automatic or manual coding
There are two types of machines- one which automatically codes the details of the glucometer test strips or the other- which requires the coding to be done manually. This happens every time when you go for the purchase of a new glucometer test strips and going for an automatic option could be just perfect (you will not have to manually enter the details into the machine).
6) Battery or rechargeable
Certain glucometers come with a battery that can be changed after every 1000-1500 readings and there are rechargeable glucometers that don’t require any battery (you can simply charge it the same way you charge your phone). Mostly, people prefer a rechargeable one because it can work similarly to any other chargeable electronic device by churning out the chances of changing batteries frequently.
Nowadays, most of the glucometers come with their own lancet. Lancet is nothing but a sharp and thick knife kind of material that pricks your finger to take the blood sample. It doesn’t cause much pain while the blood is taken out for a sample.
It is an important factor that you should surely pay attention to because if the accuracy isn’t fine then you might get the wrong results which can lead to further complications. For finding out the accuracy, you should keep your average reading by 10-20 records. But still, there are chances of the wrong accuracy results and that is why looking into the reviews of customers in the terms of accuracy can be just fine.
If your sugar levels are very high, low or very low then you will either get a notification through a beeping sound or an LED light. These notifications are good to know about the rising issues in your body.
10) BGM size
For those who travel and want to store the glucometer in less space should look into this consideration. The size should be smaller and compact so that people can easily store it and it should also be lightweight because you will be carrying it mostly.
11) Sync to app
There are some glucometers which come with a synchronizing feature where the readings, log meals, and insulin needs can be synched to an app.
12) Additional features
If the person who is purchasing a glucometer is visibly impaired then they can buy the one which comes with an audio reading option. Also, for better readings, there are backlights and LED lights available for the meter. Having a USB meter can also help in better storage and the one which comes with extra memory storage can be a plus. Other recordings are also shown as insulin doses and carbohydrate grams. You can test ketone levels in your blood through some glucometers as well.
Usually, you get 1-5 years of warranty on these glucometers which can help you remove the chances of spending money on the exchange.
You can find the best glucometer in India within the range of 800-2000 INR. While we would recommend you to buy the one which shows accurate readings to avoid further complications.
How Do I Choose the Best Glucometer in India?
First, you should check all the points and then choose best of them. In short, Here we give you the best suggestion for picking the best glucometer in India 2020 on Amazon.